Architectural photography shows the spaces we live, work, and play in. Showing how light interacts with the structure and space. How the structure interacts with the environment. And often how humans interact with space also.
Why should you hire an architectural photographer?
Being able to show potential clients the quality of your past work is crucial to getting the next job. Capturing it with professional architectural photography shows your work at its best and ensures that you don’t just meet with the client. But win the client, and the work. Professional architectural images look great on a website and give a great impression to potential clients. Showing them that you are a quality business with top notch projects behind you. An architectural photographer can also add value to your past projects. Showing that your work has been photographed by a professional photographer conveys that you are proud of your work. It brings your work to the same level as the stunning homes clients have seen in magazines and architectural websites.
Why do I enjoy architectural photography?
Architectural photography is something I never get tired of completing. Great architecture is a joy to photograph. Planning for the best time of day, adding the right lighting to make the shot work, and then polishing it all on the computer. It really is something I love to do. And the finished images are some of the gems I am hugely proud of in my image portfolio. I hope this shows in my architectural photography image portfolios.
I engage the best technology available in both cameras and lenses to achieve results not possible with other capture devices. In addition I use photographic lighting to balance light levels internally with outside and available light. By doing this I am able to create architectural photography which has a realistic feel and jumps off the page and screen. Making the interiors I photograph absolutely shine to the best of their ability.
I have completed architectural photography for many different kinds of businesses throughout Auckland. From builders and architects, to kindergartens and hospitals. Variety is a great part of architectural photography, keeping me thinking and solving lighting tasks. Completing them all is something I enjoy for the challenges they provide. Architectural photography is in a way like a puzzle. Once all of the pieces are in the correct place, it just works and you are left with the perfect picture.
Words from my past architectural photography clients
"We are a well-established Building Company in Sydney who specialise in a wide variety of quality building and bathroom work on Sydney’s North Shore. We contracted Adam Firth Photography to capture a portfolio of photographs to be used in our website and marketing material. Adam was able to capture the essence of our business in his photographs. He produced photographs of the highest caliber which captured the absolute quality, design and attention to detail of our work that we pride ourselves on.
We have a website and gallery that we are proud of and we thank Adam for his contribution to our business."
Melissa - Aston Building
Where to from here
- If you are interested in talking to me about completing some photography of your spaces or other work, then give me a call or an email to discuss your requirements.
- To view further examples of my previous architectural images have a look at these galleries. Architectural. Commercial Interiors.
- Also heres an article on an architectural photography job I recently completed for PBM builders
- Another on some images shot for Jenco electrical of the Parnell International art gallery
- An article on a project for another building company Buildridge
- Some images I took for Rydges Hotel Auckland of their rooms, spaces, and restaurant food.
- Some kitchen photography I completed for Kitchens by Wood Design.
- And one more about some architectural images I took for a holiday retreat company with some stunning seperate holiday units